I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Our client is the UK’s largest private hospital group with 59 Hospitals and treatment centres nationwide. They currently have over 10,000 staff and are a magnet for the best healthcare professionals who are looking to grow and advance within their careers.
We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Sister / Charge Nurse - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to join their team of staff in the Ward department in their hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This to up to a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover Maternity leave.
We are inviting applications from candidates who meet the following criteria.
Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
• Experienced in acute nursing care.
• Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
• Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
• Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
• Recruitment and selection skills.
• Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
• Experience working in an acute healthcare sector in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
• Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
• Knowledge of HR management and strong Man Management Skills desirable.
• Previous experience within a Ward Managerial role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
• Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff. Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
• Lead the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
• Lead the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
• Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
• Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
• Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
• Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Code of professional Conduct.
• Maintenance of professional, cost-effective nursing service including financial management and business planning.
• Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
• Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
• To ensure the correct provision of individualised patient care is met.
• To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
• Effective interaction with consultants, patients and relatives in a sensitively manner.
The position offers a competitive salary of £32,500 to £36,000 plus weekday and weekend enhancements. Salary may be negotiable dependant on experience plus a benefits package which includes:
• 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
• Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
• Private Medical insurance
• Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bi-annual health Screening
• Family and Friends Discount on services
• 24 -7 counselling program.
Please call Maxine for further information or alternatively forward your CV for consideration