I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
Finegreen are currently partnering with a leading private healthcare provider to recruit a Ward Manager for a private hospital based within the North West.
Initially the Ward Manager will lead the delivery of the new Target Operating Model, inclusive of new working shift patterns, towards a more efficient, patient and activity focused service. This will involve a culture change towards effective performance management and improvement and will require strong leadership and role modelling behaviours.
The Ward Manager will manage the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of planned care for patients, whilst managing the ward team, in a safe and caring environment, in the most efficient and clinically effective way, whilst maintaining the patient’s privacy and dignity. The Ward Manager will provide excellent clinical and managerial leadership and appropriate advice and support to other staff in the department as well as supporting the Matron in the overall management of the healthcare environment.
We would welcome the opportunity to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experience.
• Initially, lead the Ward towards delivering a minimum standard CQC ‘Good’ for its clinical services, governance and leadership;
• Deputise for the Matron as and when required;
• Seek and employ innovative methods of improving service delivery in line with the 5 CQC Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE); always aiming towards achieving Outstanding;
• Lead the service against Spire key performance indicators, ensuring the efficient running of the department;
• Develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others;
• Promote best practice in health & safety and security;
• Champion and maintain a high level of service;
• Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights;
• Adhere to all relevant healthcare standards and manage issues of governance and risk effectively;
• Ensure all audits/reviews of the departments and their performance are undertaken and implement action plans in response to findings;
• Promote and maintain a close working relationship with external organisations to ensure standardisation and sharing of best practice;
• Ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice;
• Participate in the on-call rota, as required;
• Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
The successful applicant:
• Registered Nurse with NMC registration;
• Relevant post-registration qualification;
• Evidence of substantial CPD or experience in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects;
• Previous experience as a Senior Registered Nurse within a Ward Environment;
• Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the department ;
• Expert knowledge of clinical practice;
• Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge;
• Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards;
• Demonstrable skills of financial awareness and management with the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus;
• Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission;
• Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments;
• Ability to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Ward Manager ideally within private healthcare and previous experience of managing clinical audits.
The salary is circa £35,000 - £42,000 per annum dependent on experience with a competitive benefits package.
Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland£ 13 - 13 Per hourPermanentPosted 8th December 2017
£ 13 - 13 Per hourFull timePermanentPosted 8th December 2017Closes 7th January 2018Ref 657 (QRG1)~1
As a Nurse at HC One, you'll value kindness above all. Because it drives every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Spe...