I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Mediroom Scrub Practitioner Nurse / ODP (Band 5)
£22,000 - £28,000
We are looking for a Scrub Practitioner to join a leading clinical team in Bristol. Your role will involve participating in all aspects of clinical operating department work, and provide a high standard of patient care and safety in accordance with the company's philosophy and objectives, policies and legal requirements.
You will also be required to deputise for the Team Leader when required/experience allows and will be involved in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and work within a flexible team structure involving a multi-disciplinary team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of The Post
* Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
* To maintain standard documentation in accordance with the NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping
* Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
* To act as Scrub nurse for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
* To act as circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
* To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
* To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
* Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
* Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
* Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
* Participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
* Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
* Report to the Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator accidents, incidents and complaints and drug deficiencies affecting patients, staff, supplies and services
* Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
* Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
* Assist in the care, labelling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examination.
* Assist in maintaining the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre in order that statistics may be accurately compiled.
* Participate in audit and research
* Ensure all clinical and legal documents are completed and that they are accurate and legible in accordance with the Trust guidelines.
* Ensure the understanding of the nature of confidentiality
* Maintain appropriate stock levels within the theatre areas and participate in budgetary control.
* Ensure the economical use of resources.
* Development of own and others professional practice in line with personal development plans
* Ensure that safety procedures are carried out in relation to swabs, instruments and needle counts in and in relation to hazards from ionising radiation static electricity explosion and fire and infection control.
* RGN / RODP equivalent
* Post basic specialist course
* Recognised teaching certificate
* Minimum 6 to 12 months' years as theatre practitioner
* Experience within a variety of surgical specialities
* Knowledge of current practice and research and development within the peri-operative setting
* Knowledge of Health & Safety and Risk Management within theatres
* Knowledge of NBT and NHS issues within peri-operative environment