I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Peripatetic Nurse - Suffolk
£20 per hour on a 36 hour week
NMC registration fee paid for (T&C apply)
Commitment and Performance Bonus of up to £2000 (T&C apply)
We are currently recruiting for a Peripatetic Nurse to join the family. You will be supporting a number of Care Homes across the Suffolk County. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. As a NMC Registered Nurse you will have the autonomy to practice and to lead and support whilst ensuring the physical, emotional and medical requirements of our residents are met.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
* To be accountable to the Regional Manager/Director for delivery of the agreed improvement plan for the Home.
* Maintain the safe day to day running of the Homes, working in partnership with the Home Manager and senior team in the home.
* To ensure that the Home operates according to its registration status and conditions and complies with all legal requirements.
* To lead the team in the Home to achieve the best possible outcomes for its residents.
* Provide effective support and supervision to the Homes staff.
* To develop, promote and maintain high standards of care and best practice.
* To develop, implement and maintain the systems and structures needed to run the Home in the interests of its residents.
* Address the care and health needs of each resident and to make sure they are kept safe and well protected.
* Develop good working relationships within the Home.
* Maintain a safe environment for residents and staff and to respond to all health and safety requirements.
* Establish effective working relationships and other healthcare professionals and all of the Homes stakeholders.
* Engage in effective methods for auditing and assuring the quality of the Homes provision and services.
* Planning for each allocated placement/shift
* The allocated place of work will be determined by the Regional Manager/Director, based on requests from Home Managers for short/long term permanent staff absence, annual leave or recruitment gap cover in respective Homes
* Shift and placement length will be agreed by the Regional Manager/Director. Any additional hours to be worked need to be previously authorised by the Regional Manager/Director
* Placements or shifts can be days, nights, weekdays and weekends, including Bank and public holidays, as determined by the needs of Homes and agreed by the Regional Manager/Director
* The post holder should refrain from accepting placements or shift requests coming from Homes or Home Managers directly. Such requested should be referred immediately to the Regional Manager/Director
* Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
* Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
* Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
* This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Knowledge and Experience
* Previous nursing and supervisory experience
* Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
* Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
* Good working knowledge of IT systems.
* Knowledge and/or experience regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities
* Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
* Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
* Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
* Ability to lead, coach and inspire others.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
* Ability to take a pro-active approach
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to problem solve
* Excellent attendance and time keeping record
* Attention to detail
* Ability to achieve results
* Flexible approach to work and manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
Education and Qualification
* Registered Nurse (PIN active)
* Continual Professional Education
* Level 3 certificate or diploma in care management or equivalent is desirable.
* Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England£ 23,010 - 27,573 Per yearPermanentPosted 20th November 2017
£ 23,010 - 27,573 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 20th November 2017Closes 20th December 2017Ref RMN CAMHS Sheffield
We are recruiting a Registered Mental Health Nurse to work in our services at Cygnet Hospital in Sheffield and are in need of some ...
Nelson, Lancashire, England£ 17 - 17.5 Per hourPermanentPosted 8th December 2017
£ 17 - 17.5 Per hourFull timePermanentPosted 8th December 2017Closes 29th December 2017Ref ES15778
Nurse required in Nelson (Lancashire) up to £17.50 per hour, Days & Nights available, full or part timeElderly, Dementia, General &...