I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England
We have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Practitioner to join the team at. With an excellent reputation NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator's quality ratings across England. We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
The Centre been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View's vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
About the Role:
As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU. You will be expected to carry the anaesthetic bleep as requested and to be a member of the on call team periodically as arranged as per the on call rota. Key duties will be:
* Being competent in all aspects of anaesthetic techniques and procedures
* Being competent at resuscitation procedures, maintaining as a minimum ILS competencies
* Demonstrating an understanding of, and compliance to, the Local Standards of Safety for Patients undergoing Interventional Procedures (LocSIPs) with associated internal Standard Operating Processes
* Working as a skilled member of the theatre team, and being responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required
* Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient's clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
About the Individual:
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Recent relevant experience
* Clinical experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynaecology,Urology and ENT surgical procedures * Recovery experience
* Specialist theatre/recovery/day surgery training e.g. ENB Apply/176/A87/N81/DO3/A21/N33 or equivalent
* NMC Registered Nurse or an HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.