CNM 2 - Respiratory and Unscheduled Care Liaison
In partnership with their client, CPL Healthcare have an vacancy for a CNM2 – Respiratory and Unscheduled Care Liaison in their private hospital in Dublin City Centre
The Clinical Nurse Manager II, under the guidance of the ADON and Consultant, will be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care in collaboration with and as a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team. He/she will also be responsible for his/her own professional development. Supporting and assisting colleagues and facilitating achievement of specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as developed for the Ward/Unit/Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the individual nurse described under the elements of the Domain of Practice Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland. (NMBI).
• Engage in the assessment and management of respiratory patients both electively and unscheduled with conditions such as; Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), emphysema/COPD, asthma, sarcoidosis, Bronchiectasis, pneumonia, bronchitis etc.
• Engage in the assessment and management of medically unwell patients who are admitted via the unscheduled care pathway (Emergency Department).
• Autonomously assess inpatient caseload and provide feedback to the consultant with regard to patient progress, abnormal findings, laboratory trends, clinical deterioration or concerns and document and communicate a plan of care to ward staff.
• Undertake advanced assessment skills including history taking, examination and clinical judgement utilising evidence based practice guidelines to aid the implementation of appropriate holistic care plans.
• Present medical patient cases at a weekly multidisciplinary team meeting working through clinical issues and assisting in formulating discharge plans.
• Liaising with a variety of specialist consultants with regard to patient care.
• Work as an adjunct support member to the Respiratory Consultant team at the Mater Private Hospital.
• Coordinate interventional bronchoscopy procedures.
• Ensure daily progression of quality patient care.
• Educating and providing clinical support to Multi-disciplinary team on the care and management of patients both on the elective and the unscheduled care pathway.
• Liaising with patients and their family members on their care plan and dealing with concerns or queries that may necessitate managerial expertise.
• Ensure all laboratories, investigations and relevant documents are available in patient’s charts for consultant review.
• Document all pertinent information regarding patient assessment, management and follow up arrangements on the appropriate hospital records.
• During working hours carry a dedicated work phone as a support structure to ward staff with concerns or queries and also to take outpatient queries.
• Adhere to Mater Private Hospital policies, protocols and guidelines.
• Supporting an evolving unscheduled care service with a view of striving for continuous improvement and review of policies, guidelines and protocols.
Essential Educational/Professional Qualifications:
• Registered General Nurse
• Be on the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
• Minimum 5 years post registration experience
• Good IT skills
Hours of Work:
• 39 Hours per week exclusive of meal breaks to suit local work practices and demands of service.
Salary & Benefits include:
• As per relevant point on pay scale pending experience
• 24 – 27 annual leave days will apply in addition to leave in lieu of 9 Public Holidays per annum.
• Pension scheme
• Critical illness cover
• VHI and Laya discount scheme
• Discounted inpatient and outpatient treatment rates
• Sick leave scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Financial support for career training & development
• Staff Care Services programme
• Career break scheme
• Discount pharmacy rates
• Subsidised restaurant
• Credit union scheme
• Sports and Social Club
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 9 Apr 2018
This job was posted to: Ward nurse