Band 5 & 6 Children’s Palliative Care Nurses RSCN Greenwich £25K - £41K p/a
Greenwich, London, Greater London, England
A specialist children’s palliative care service located in the Borough of Greenwich currently has vacancies for Band 5 and 6 Registered Nurses.
At this service, you will be working with children with terminal illnesses, life limiting conditions and complex needs, providing high quality nursing care and support to children and their families.
Band 5 and 6 positions are available in the role of Children’s Palliative Care Nurse and all applicants will meet the following criteria:
• Qualified and registered with the NMC as a Children’s Nurse (RSCN)
• Experienced working with children with disabilities and complex needs
• Have completed a mentorship qualification
• Strong clinical skills relevant to paediatric nursing
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills
• Flexible approach to shift patterns and able to travel for work purposes
Applicants for Band 6 positions should also meet the following criteria:
• Experience of paediatric intensive care and long term ventilation
• Experience in delivering end of life care
• Understanding of and ability to implement latest developments in nursing practice
• Studying towards or have completed a Masters degree or Masters level modules in a relevant subject
• Ideally have experience of being a preceptor for newly qualified nurses
Full time Children’s Palliative Care Nurse positions are available, working 37.5 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern.
Salaries include London Weighting and range from:
• Band 5 £25,339 to £31,532 per annum
• Band 6 £31,532 to £41,033 per annum
Alongside competitive salaries, staff benefits include generous annual leave allowances which increase with long service and a pension scheme or the opportunity to continue with the NHS pension.
If you are interested and would like more information about this role or any other specialist nursing vacancies in clinics and private hospitals throughout the Greater London area, please contact Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment on Apply.
To apply now, please submit your CV through the link provided.
- £ 25339 - 41033 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Community childrens nurse, Nursing home childrens nurse, Ward childrens nurse