Specialist Nurse Spinal Surgery
Harrow, Greater London, England
Our client is the UK’s largest private hospital group with 59 Hospitals and treatment centres nationwide. They currently have over 10,000 staff and are a magnet for the best healthcare professionals who are looking to grow and advance within their careers.
We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Senior Specialist Nurse - Spinal to join their team of staff in the Surgical department.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Valid NMC Registration
• Teaching and assessing (ENB 998) or equivalent.
• PG Diploma or MSc Orthopaedic/Surgical Care Practice
• Knowledge of malignant disease
• Extended nurse skills: Phlebotomy, Cannulation, Teaching
• Awareness of financial aspects of day to day department management
• Leadership and management experience
• Audit skills
• Knowledge of customer care and Quality Assurance tools
• Previous acute spinal experience
• Previous as a Senior Nurse
• Working knowledge of the independent sector preferred, but not essential
Duties of this role include:
• As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will be responsible for the provision of specialist services for patients undergoing spinal and orthopaedic procedures both inpatient and outpatients. In addition, you will undertake pre and post-operative assessment and care for orthopaedic and spinal patients.
• Provide specialist nurse services for patients undergoing Orthopaedics / Spinal procedures, both inpatients and outpatients.
• Liaise with the Theatre management team in the booking and organisation of surgical procedures.
• Undertake preoperative assessment of patients, assisting surgeons with preoperative preparation of patients for surgery, organising diagnostic tests.
• Set up a database which details the surgical treatment plan, clinical results, post-surgery treatment and to support in completing.
• Organise and attend MDT’s and participate in presentations and conferences promoting hospital business as requested.
• Support nursing staff to develop their knowledge and skills in orthopaedics.
The role is full time permanent and offers a competitive salary of £39,500 per annum which may be negotiable dependant on experience and a benefits package which includes:
• 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
• Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
• Private Medical insurance
• Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bi-annual health Screening
• Family and Friends Discount on services
• 24 -7 Counselling program.
Please call Maxine for further information or alternatively forward your CV for consideration
- £ 39500 - 39500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse