Occupational Health Advisor OHA
Harrow, Greater London, England
Our client is the UK’s largest private hospital group with 59 Hospitals and treatment centres nationwide. They currently have over 10,000 staff and are a magnet for the best healthcare professionals who are looking to grow and advance within their careers.
We are currently recruiting on their behalf for an Occupational Health Advisor to join their department.
This is a peripatetic role and the role holder will be required cover a flexible shift pattern covering three hospitals in Enfield and Harrow.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Be able to work autonomously and with motivation
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have current experience in immunisation administration for healthcare workers
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied client case mix and competent across a range of skills
• Phlebotomy skills
• Registered with NMC at level 1
• Hold an Occupational Health degree/diploma
• Extensive experience relevant OH experience (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
• As a member of the occupational health team you will be required to provide a full remit of Occupational Health services, including but not limited to assessments following sickness absence, fitness to work assessments and provision of reports to managers complying with current evidence based practice and relevant legislation,
• Occupational health surveillance, screening and immunisation service having freedom autonomy to act within the policies and practices of the service. You will provide a service of excellence, which is primarily responsible for meeting the needs of our clients employees, but also external contracts.
• Ensure that the OH provision meets the needs of the employee and the hospital and that advice given is appropriate to ensure that the health and safety of the individual is maintained at all times.
• You will apply specialist knowledge and skills to undertake an Occupational Health service and other varied responsibilities of the post.
• You will maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Be prepared to travel between hospital sites to deliver services on agreed days and cover other related sites for annual leave and sickness reasons.
The role is part time, 30 hours per week and offers a competitive salary of £32,503 per annum which may be negotiable dependant on experience and a benefits package which includes:
• 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
• Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
• Private Medical insurance
• Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bi-annual health Screening
• Family and Friends Discount on services
• 24 -7 Counselling program.
Please call Maxine for further information or alternatively forward your CV for consideration
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 12 Oct 2017
Closes 12 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational health