Ward Sister RGN Surgical
Harrow, Greater London, England
Our client is the UK’s largest private hospital group with 59 Hospitals and treatment centres nationwide. They currently have over 10,000 staff and are a magnet for the best healthcare professionals who are looking to grow and advance within their careers.
Their hospital in Harrow are looking for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their Surgical Ward Team.
The hospital provides services to adults and children from16 years of age. The hospital has five theatres, an endoscopy suite, a Level 3 Intensive Care unit and operates a self-pay, walk-in Urgent Care Centre, open 7 days a week, from 8am; 8pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• RN Level 1
• Valid NMC Registration
• ENB998 or equivalent
• Organisational skills
• Leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Work effectively with other team members
• Evidence of professional development within scope of PREP and ongoing education
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Evidence of resource management
• A sound practical knowledge of current issues in nursing practice
• Effective problem solving techniques
• Ability to assess individualised patient care and implement, monitor and evaluate
• Computer literacy
Further nursing qualification desirable
Duties of this role include:
• To support the Ward Manager and Director of Nursing in the co-ordination and management of nursing at CCH and to achieve business KPIs.
• Responsible for the leadership and operational management of ward in absence of Ward Manager
• To provide clinical and professional leadership and managerial direction to nursing and non-nursing teams
• To support the Ward Manager in managing the ward resources ensuring that the nursing team delivers quality care that meets clinical governance and quality agenda.
• To demonstrate a consistent, high standard of nursing care
• To act as a role model for all staff
• Provide clinical support and professional leadership to the nursing staff
• Ensure that standards of care are maintained and developed in line with the evolving clinical governance and risk management agenda
• Contribute to the clinical audit programme across the area of responsibility in line with the corporate audit calendar and develop local priorities for audit.
• Contribute to the implementation of action plans in line with results and areas for improvement.
• Keep abreast of advances in nursing practice and keep clinical skills updated accordingly
• Maintain patient confidentiality and carry out duties and responsibilities with regard to the Data Protection Act
Salary and benefits
The role is offering a competitive salary of £42,000 per annum which may be negotiable dependant on experience and a benefits package which includes:
• 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
• Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
• Private Medical insurance
• Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Bi-annual health Screening
• Family and Friends Discount on services
• 24 -7 Counselling program.
Please call Maxine for further information or alternatively forward your CV for consideration
- £ 42000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 11 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse