Practice Development Nurse - Band 6 - NHS
Beckenham, Greater London, England
Practice Development Nurse - Band 6 - NHS - Eating Disorders Unit - Beckenham, London - Salary up to £40,105 per annum
Hours: Full time - 37.5 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within the NHS within a well-established eating disorders inpatient service in Beckenham, London. This opportunity is for a highly regarded and skilled nurse to work as a Practice Development Nurse - Band 6.
This is an 18 bed female only ward which provides a friendly and welcoming service. Service users are referred both locally and nationally to the service by Consultant psychiatrists, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Self-funded and private referrals.
As a Practice Development Nurse Band 6 within the NHS, you will be supporting service users who need your help to gain control over their eating disorder and enable themselves and their carers to develop an understanding of eating disorders, their likely causes and consequences.
This will be a highly challenging but rewarding role, where you will be key part in the recovery and restoration of weight in all our service users. Some outcomes will include:
- Improved eating behaviours
- Reduction in compulsive eating behaviours
- Clarification of diagnosis
- Stable biochemistry
- Improved psychological functioning
- Ability to pursue vocational goals
- Improved family and social relationships
The benefits of this Practice Development Nurse - Band 6 NHS role include:
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- In service teaching and supervision within the team and the trust
- Competitive salary of up to £40,105 per annum
As a Practice Development Nurse - Band 6 your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Improvement of Patient care and incorporating a range of approaches underpinned by the development and active engagement of practitioners.
- Supporting senior nurses and management in the provision of high quality.
- Providing safe and effective care for people currently with mental health problems and eating disorders.
- Providing a friendly and welcoming service for those whom need your help to gain control over their eating disorder.
As a Practice Development Nurse - Band 6 NHS, you MUST have:
- A Registered Nurse qualification
- A current valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK
- An interest in multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work and be familiar with evidence-based practice
- £ 32000 - 40105 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Ward mental nurse