Unit Manager ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) - Care Home
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England
Unit Manager ( RGN / RMN / RNLD )
Location: Ilkley, near Leeds / Keighley
Service: Nursing & Residential Home
Salary: £32,300 - £39,000 per annum based on 42 hours per week + excellent benefits package; salary negotiable dependent on experience, qualifications and capabilities
Hours: Full Time hours (paid breaks)
Contract type: Permanent
*Salary equivalent to NHS Band 6*
Further Details: We are currently looking for a highly-skilled, motivated and experienced nurse (RGN or RMN or RNLD all considered) to lead a small team of nurses within a beautiful Nursing Home in Ilkley. The home is in Ilkley, near to Keighley, Leeds, Otley, Bradford, Shipley and surrounding areas.
Surrounded by stunning scenery, the Nursing Home has recently been extended and can now offer long-term and respite care to individuals with various needs including dementia, Huntington's and Parkinson's. They also provide residential, convalescence and palliative care. Each patient receives tailored care packages to their needs and they are all treated as an individual; there is a relaxed feel to the service.
The home has achieved a great reputation for care quality, achieving a good CQC report in their most recent inspection. The service is always focused on offering an attentive, friendly and homely environment, and providing the highest quality care to all residents. We are looking for an experienced nurse who shares this passion for quality care and who wishes to further their career in a more senior position within a reputable healthcare organisation.
The Home Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
Person Specification : Applicants must be RGN or RMN or RNLD trained and must hold a valid PIN. All applicants should be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction. As a Unit Manager, you must have solid post-qualifying experience as well as experience of leading / supervising a team. You will report to the Home Manager and will need to show the ability of proactively making decisions and supporting change management.
Employee Benefits include:
- Comprehensive training scheme - all statutory training plus specific training as per the needs of your role e.g. Medication Management, Tissue Viability, Wound Care, Dementia Care
- Clear career development pathways and progression within the company
- Relocation package available up to £1000 for those relocating within the UK
- Reimbursement for the cost of your NMC PIN to be renewed
- Annual pay reviews
- Health Benefits e.g. free eye tests, discounted gym membership, flu vaccine
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel discounts
- Cash Plan discount card
- The cost of your DBS Check with be paid for by the company (£44)
- Hot meal provided whilst on duty
- Free uniform provided
- Paid Breaks
- Free parking
- National Employment Savings Trust pension
- Life assurance
- Indemnity insurance
- 28 days' annual leave including bank holidays
- Sick pay - 6 weeks' paid sick pay
All enquiries and applications will be strictly confidential.
- £ 32300 - 39000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Sep 2017
Closes 15 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse
Recommended, similar jobs
Dundee, Dundee City, Scotland