Registered Mental Health Nurse, Private Hospital
Attleborough, Norfolk, England
John Edwin is a mental health recruitment business - not a nursing agency. We provide a specialist service to public and private sector organisations delivering inpatient and community-based mental health care as well as specialist mental health services nationwide.
We are seeking a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) on behalf of our client.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,500 - £29,500 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time/Part Time
Setting: Independent Hospital
An independent hospital near Norwich, which provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for young people aged between 12 and 18 years, who present with a wide range of complex psychiatric, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The hospital also recently opened a 10 bedded acute mental health ward for adults. There is an Ofsted registered school on site supporting the young people with their educational needs.
The hospital has been rated "Good" by the CQC following their inspection in January 2017.
- Facilitate the admission processes for new admissions.
- To undertake initial nursing assessments.
- Participate in the care planning process.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the wider MDT.
- Initiate, develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with the young people.
- Facilitate a minimum of one dedicated 1:1 session with each named young person allocated and fully document appropriately.
- Initiate, develop and maintain professional relationships with parents. Families, Carers and External Professionals ensuring appropriate.
- Support and encourage the young people to attend appropriate meetings and/or represent them accordingly.
- Appropriate and timely completion of required documentation.
- Formulation of nursing reports as required.
- Attendance and participation in meetings such as ward reviews, CPA and MHRT hearings.
- Preparation for attendance at ward review - monitoring charts to be reviewed and observations presented, summary of the young person's review period to be formulated and presented.
- Administration of and monitoring the effects of medication.
- Ensure, where appropriate and possible the full involvement of the young person in the care process.
- Support and encourage attendance at education and therapeutic sessions/activities.
- Ensure access to the advocate is available and support meetings with the advocate if required.
- Safe management of young people's monies.
- Work within the guidance of NMC Code of Conduct at all times and have an awareness of guidance and legislation such as CQC standards, MHA, MCA.
- Support the Charge nurse in the daily management of the ward. Ensuring that daily tasks are delegated appropriately and completed.
To hear more about this opportunity, please contact Martin Salter on Applyor
- £ 24500.00 - 29500.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Sep 2017
Closes 13 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Ward mental nurse