Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Orpington, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatres department covering Scrub.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should have the following:
* NMC/HPC Registered
* Scrub experience at band 5 or equivalent
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
* Current and up to date specific to theatre practice
* Clinical Governance
* Health and Safety
* Infection Control
* Good communication skills both verbal and written
* Good interpersonal skills
* Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Duties of this role include:
* To have shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of the care of peri-operative patients whilst in the theatre department.
* To ensure that high standards of patient care and safety are consistently maintained at all times
* To consistently work in accordance with policies and procedures
* To undertake scrub and circulating duties in a variety of surgical specialties
* Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
* To maintain safe custody, administration and documentation of drugs
* To take part in the 'on call' rota as required
* To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
* To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
* To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
* To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
* Take part in department audits
* Identify own learning needs/professional development
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 27000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Sep 2017
Closes 13 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse