Theatre Team Leader- up to £40,000 a year
Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, England
Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for a Theatre Manager in a well respected private hospital based in Guildford.
Hours: 37.5 per week
No late nights or Sundays!
Salary: £32,500- £40,000 a year
Our client's passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UK's most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
Our client have their very own eye sciences department which is constantly researching new technologies, partnering with leading UK universities across the country – searching for the next best thing for patients.
*Purpose of Post*
- To oversee the theatre environment and co-ordinate safe delivery of care, spending the majority of time providing direct patient care.
- To provide guidance and support to clinical staff at all times.
- To ensure maximum efficiency and utilisation of resources in theatres to enable seamless delivery of support to Consultants, CSM and Hospital Director
- To oversee the organisation of theatre lists to ensure safe and smooth running of hospital schedules and patient flow.
- To highlight to CSM and or Hospital Director any potential problem areas and suggest possible solutions.
- To undertake staff rostering for theatres, ensuring all surgical lists are supported by suitably skilled staff to safely support clinical requirements, flagging up any potential deficits in a timely manner.
- To consider requirements and impact of booking bank and agency staff to provide a safe level of service.
- To participate in management meetings as required.
- To lead, develop and mentor the theatres team (as appropriate) which may include undertaking regular appraisals or providing feedback to the CSM or Hospital Director to enable the team to reach their full potential.
- To ensure all theatre staff work within policy and guidelines.
- To ensure that all clinical documentation is completed legibly and comprehensively to agreed organisational and NMC standards and guidelines where appropriate.
- To observe patient confidentiality at all times, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998), Caldicott principles (2013-updated) and the organisational standards for Information governance
*Main Duties and Responsibilities*
- To promote a sensitive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment.
- To ensure maximum efficiency, utilisation and seamless delivery of support to Consultants / Surgeons.
- To hold accountability for the delivery of high quality patient care throughout their visit to the hospital.
- Registered Nurse with at least 1 year of scrub experience
- Conversational English Language skills and excellent written communication
- Good Computer and IT skills i.e. Ability to use Outlook, Word and Excel effectively
- Understanding of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct if appropriate
- Understanding of the role of CQC
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC registration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
To apply to this fantastic vacancy or for more information simply click below and one of our consultants will call you- we'll always speak to you before submitting your CV to the client as this will help you get a better understanding of the role.
We hope to speak to you soon!
- £ 32,500 - 40,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 14 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse, Theatre nurse