Theatre Practitioner (Bank)
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Hampshire Clinic has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
* Mentorship qualification
* Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
* Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
* Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable
* ALS Previous qualification in healthcare desirable
Duties of this role include:
* To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
* Assist in the delivery of patient care.
* Contribute to quality improvement.
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
* Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
* Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list, ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits :
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 0 - 0 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse