Registered General Nurse Band 5 - Guildford
Guildford, Surrey, England
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Job Role: General Nurse
Are you looking for more flexible working hours with great pay rates?
Athona Recruitment are excited to currently be working with one of the UK's leading NHS Trusts and currently require agency Registered Nurses to work in the Guildford area. This position is on agency basis, paying fantastic rates for either full time or part time work. We have a variety of wards available.
About the Trust
The Royal Surrey County Hospital is a leading general hospital and specialist centre for cancer services and treatment, based in Guildford. The RSCH serves a population of Apply for emergency and general hospital services and 1.3 million people for cancer services across Surrey, West Sussex and Hampshire.
The Trust is also a centre of excellence and training for minimal access surgery and a leading research and development bringing advanced treatments to local people.
About the role
You will join a busy and dynamic ward environment providing the very best levels of clinical care. You'll make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest standards, optimising the wellbeing of every patient. Full time, part time and ad-hoc shifts available.
Duties will include:
- Providing high quality nursing care and support and develop team members as appropriate
- Assessing and accurately maintaining clinical observations of the patient, escalating as indicated when variances occur
- Being responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential records
- You must be compassionate and be willing to learn new skills to support patients through every stage of their pathway. You must work well within a team, be a supportive mentor to junior staff and lead by example by demonstrating excellent communication skills, flexibility and adaptability. You must also be able to demonstrate pro-active continuing professional development.
What can the job offer you?
- Excellent hourly rates of pay.
- Exclusive access to jobs across all grades and specialities.
- Shifts, Fixed Term or Permanent contracts throughout the UK.
- Prompt weekly payments.
- Specialist dedicated Recruitment Consultant.
- Refer a nurse and earn £100!
- Occupational Health and Mandatory Training support.
The qualities we are looking for in nurse applicants are:
- Registered nurse degree with a current UK NMC Pin- essential
- Relevant UK experience working in a similar position, preferably working in hospitals.
- Knowledge in the following; Health and Safety, Basic Life Support and Manual Handling, certification dated within the last year - desirable but not essential
- A clear, in-date DBS - desirable but not essential
- Evidence of post-registration education/development
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
In addition, we offer a flexible shift pattern that, wherever possible while meeting the needs of the ward, will suit your needs to enhance your work-home life balance. Our shifts are planned in advance and can include 12 hour shifts if required.
If you're keen to build your career and to gain immense reward from doing what you love we want to hear from you!
- £ 20.00 - 30.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Sep 2017
Closes 12 Oct 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse