Deputy Manager - RGN or RMN (Nursing Home)
Romford, Greater London, England
Deputy Manager, RGN or RMN qualified, required in Romford, Essex. Competitive salary, 38.5 hours per week days only.
Elderly, Dementia, General, Palliative, Elderly Frail, Respite, Residential
My client requires a Deputy Manager to work within their well established nursing home in the Romford area. Work for one of the largest care groups in the UK, where excellent salary, training and career progression will be provided.
As the Deputy Home Manager you have responsibility for assisting in the management of a business and a team. As part of the leadership team you will be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
So as a deputy manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our resident's needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the home manager - deputise in the overall management of the care home as required.
- Positively influence the reputation of the home - communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home - managing the implementation of company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Maintain clinical excellence - role models high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
- Support the financial effectiveness of the home - ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
- Take on an active leadership role - you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Developing your people - oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training development of the team.
- People management - play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
- Support the manager in disciplinary proceeding as required.
Deputy Manager Skills and responsibilities
Supporting the Home Manager in the running of the home
Recruiting new staff members
Management of all staff
Supernumerary hours allocated
Ongoing development and training of nursing team
Monitoring patient care across the home
Great development opportunities for the right candidate
Deputy Manager Requirements
Hold a nursing qualification
Have 6 months experience in a similar capacity
Be registered with the NMC
Be passionate about elderly care
Have satisfactory references
Have the right to work in the UK
Management qualification desirable
Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Health Recruit Network are a trusted supplier of NHS and Private healthcare services. We supply work to Registered General Nurses (RGN), Mental Health Nurses (RMN), Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) and Healthcare Assistants (HCA). We are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the UK and supply Nationwide. Health Recruit Network are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £ 32000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 11 Aug 2017
Closes 1 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental nurse
Recommended, similar jobs
Winchester, Hampshire, England