Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Full Time - 37.5 Hours per week
Salary up to £36905 per annum.
Our client is actively looking for a Nurse Practitioner for the private hospital located in Portsmouth. Our client will consider Paramedics as well as Nurse Practitioners and it is essential to have previous experience in A&E.
To assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients. The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritise patient care throughout the unit, assuming shift leader responsibility allocating staff and resources effectively, as and when rostered to this function.
- Assist in orientation and support to new staff to the unit.
- Support junior staff with supervision and development.
- Ensure that identified lines of communication are maintained with patients, colleagues and external agencies to demonstrate politeness and courtesy and sensitivity promoting the corporate image of Care UK.
- Communicate and liaise with all healthcare staff.
- Play an integral role in ensuring that junior team members are aware of local and general
- Health & Safety matters, Clinical Governance and other on-going issues, which arise including patient safety issues.
- Act as a positive role model to staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
-Relevant post registration experience including experience in: - An acute setting. - Primary Care experience or another related area.
-Experience of working autonomously.
-Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team. -Experience within Emergency Departments and / or Primary Care environments.
-Evidence of ability to work unsupervised.
-Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
-Basic IT skills.
-Ability to demonstrate clinical expertise and knowledge of audit.
-Demonstrable critical reasoning skills and decision making.
-1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) or registered with own professional body.
-Registered Paramedic - FDSc or BSc qualified and registered with HPCP
-Minor Injury/Ailment modules
-Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
-Post registration qualification. Desirable
-BLS / ALS / ILS
-Prescriber - v300
- £ 0 - 36905 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Aug 2017
Closes 10 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: A&E nurse, Nurse practitioner, Ward nurse