Registered Nurse - ITU
Harrow, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the ITU Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
* Substantial experience in an acute intensive care setting
* Ability to plan and deliver care for the critically ill patient.
* Ability to liaise with consultants.
* Familiar with emergency situations.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG's, venepuncture, IV drugs and arterial blood sampling.
ITU experience preferable.
Duties of this role include:
* To promote and maintain a highly professional and caring standard of nursing.
* To participate in the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care.
* Responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the clinical area.
* Accurate and full documentation of records
* Individualised patient care/ planning.
* Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
* Follow hospital policies and procedures.
* Assist in the induction of new staff and participate in training of staff.
* Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
* Supervision of staff where appropriate.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK's largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
- £ 24000 - 27000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Aug 2017
Closes 8 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse