Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
Maidstone, Kent, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Somerfield Hospital has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Nurse (Level 1) or Registered Operating Department Practitioner Valid NMC/HCPC registration
* Endoscopy training and experience
* Communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Knowledge of professional (NMC/HCPC) codes and Hospital Policies and Procedures
Duties of this role include:
* To maintain a consistently high standard of patient care within the operating department.
* To assist in developing a high standards of clinical practice in relation to peri-operative care.
* Demonstrate and maintain consistently high standards of nursing care and professional accountability within the endoscopy suite.
* To plan and implement care of individual patients within the department where appropriate.
* Preparation and decontamination of flexible endoscopy equipment
* Provide assistance to the Consultant during endoscopy procedures.
* Management of specimens taken during endoscopy procedures
* Completion of patient documentation.
* To ensure that endoscopy operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
* To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits where appropriate
* To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service.
* To conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC "Code of Professional Conduct"
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 21 - 23 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 11 Aug 2017
Closes 8 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse