Triage Nurse - Oncology
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) are a specialist cancer outpatient clinic with an international reputation as a centre of excellence. Protecting and maintaining this level of clinical excellence is therefore central to everything LOC does. We have 20 treatment chairs in our suite at 95/97 Harley Street, along with 8 at 81 Harley Street and 10 at the Platinum Medical Centre. We strive to provide patients with the highest standard of cancer care possible.
Every single person who works at LOC understands they play an equally valuable role in helping the patient. LOC has a warm and friendly environment, where staff feels valued and recognised for their contribution to our reputation. We support our staff and promote career development through a range of training and learning programs along with a generous benefits package.
You will receive urgent telephone enquiries, from patients known to LOC that are currently receiving anti-cancer treatment. You will be required to undertake assessment of patients health needs, with the aid of a triage tool and in compliance with clinical guidelines.
The post-holder will arrange medical review, admission or follow up as an appropriate outcome to the assessment and be responsible for ensuring that patients and visitors receive the level of service that conforms to LOC vision, aspiration and values.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide clinical assessment and triage to patients by telephone aided by Electronic Patient Records (EPR), UKONS Triage Assessment Tool and Clinical Management Guidelines
- Accurately triage and prioritise patients demonstrating the ability to elicit the history of the medical complaint, drug history etc
- To maintain accurate contemporaneous computerised clinical records of every contact, including plan of care, advice given and recommended follow up
- To be flexible and responsive both to the clinical needs of patients and operational needs of the service
- To assist in the education of service users in the correct use of the Out of Hours triage help line, Primary Care services, NHS Emergency Services including 999
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Chemotherapy Competence is preferred
- Experience of working with Chemotherapy Patients is preferred
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing workloads, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. Due to the nature of the role, adherence to policy, procedure and guidelines will be of paramount importance in conjunction with the customer-centric attitude.
- £ 35673 - 40401 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 6 Feb 2018
This job was posted to: Nurse advisor