Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Theatre and Day Surgery Ward Manager
A new opportunity has arisen for a Theatre and Day Surgery Ward Manager to join a dedicated and professional Multi-disciplinary in Portsmouth. The treatment centre provides urgent and emergency (minor injuries and minor illness) care as well as day case elective surgery to NHS patients within the following specialties: orthopaedics, general surgery, ophthalmology and endoscopy. The treatment centre has a day case ward with 15 bed spaces. There are three operating theatres and an endoscopy suite operating Monday to Friday.
Working in conjunction with the Hospital Director/Lead Nurse, the role is responsible for
- Coordinating and facilitating care of patients within the ward and theatres across the continuum of care, integrating patient education, and case management through the admission procedure phase and undertaking the discharge planning processes.
- With the focus of developing and enhancing both departments, maintaining the patient experience and maximising resources, this position will facilitate and lead the above processes as well as coordinating patient/family education and integration of other health care services.
- The individual holding the role provides leadership and sound management skills to staff in the team, but also providing senior leadership supporting and , developing and fostering a 'can do' environment across all departments.
- To function and advise as an expert clinical practitioner within the clinical area of responsibility, for both DSU Ward and Theatres.
- To be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing, leading, co-ordinating and overseeing clinical practice for all the ward and theatre patients services, provided by SMTC.
- Ensuring staff compliance to procedures, including those required in order to meet all required regulatory standards.
- To work in partnership with all stakeholders relevant to the area of clinical responsibility and patient pathways in order to develop and bring innovation to the centre, ensuring effective communication in which high quality cost effective services are delivered and where creativity, innovation and staff development all underpin the approach to managing the clinical area in which each member of staff is recognised and valued.
- To work collaboratively with SMTC with all department managers to develop the service, establishing the department as a centre of excellence within the UK as a national model of excellence.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 qualification/Or equivalent Operating Department Practitioner qualification
- Evidence of continual professional development to meet relevant regulatory body requirements
- Relevant experience at Clinical Management level leading a multidisciplinary clinical team
- Experience of effectively building and managing a team
- Experience in change management
Keywords: Theatre Manager, ward manager, Theatre and Day Surgery Ward Manager, medical and nursing, Portsmouth, ODP, Senior Theatre Nurse
- £ 38000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 7 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse