Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
£34,000 - £36,900
Portsmouthl and Nursing
A vacancy for a Nurse Practitioner for the Minor Injury Unit in Portsmouth. The treatment centre has a day-case ward with 15 bed spaces. There are three operating theatres and an endoscopy suite and covers elective surgery within the following specialities: orthopaedics, general surgery, ophthalmology and endoscopy
We will consider Paramedics as well as Nurse Practitioners and it is essential to have previous experience in A&E.
To assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients. The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritise patient care throughout the unit, assuming shift leader responsibility allocating staff and resources effectively, as and when rostered to this function.
- Assist in orientation and support to new staff to the unit.
- Support junior staff with supervision and development.
- Ensure that identified lines of communication are maintained with patients, colleagues and external agencies to demonstrate politeness and courtesy and sensitivity promoting the corporate image Communicate and liaise with all healthcare staff.
- Play an integral role in ensuring that junior team members are aware of local and general Health & Safety matters, Clinical Governance and other on-going issues, which arise including patient safety issues.
- Act as a positive role model to staff and patients.
- Assess individual's health needs.
- Experience of Paediatrics care and assessments, Plastering , Suturing, IRMER, X-ray Interpretation
- 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) or registered with own professional body.
- Registered Paramedic - FDSc or BSc qualified and registered with HPCP
- Minor Injury/Ailment modules
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Post registration qualification.
Keywords: RGN, Registered nurse, nurse practitioner, assessments, diagnosis, clinical, Southampton, Hampshire, clinical governance, medical and nursing, paramedic
- £ 34000 - 36900 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 7 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse