Minor Injuries Lead Nurse
Southampton, Hampshire, England
Minor Injuries Lead Nurse
£45,000 - £48,000
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Minor Injuries Lead Nurse in Southampton this service has been established for 10 years acquired by this private organisation in 2014.
The Treatment Centre provides inpatient and day case elective surgery with associated outpatient and
diagnostic clinics across 9 specialties Orthopaedics, Oral Surgery, Gynaecology, General Surgery, ENT (ear, nose and throat), Urology, Eye Surgery, Endoscopy and Pain Management.
The Treatment Centre has 44 patient beds with 5 theatres that operate Monday to Saturday. Minor, intermediate and major elective procedures are carried out across the 9 specialties.
My client has a permanent vacancy for a Lead Nurse / Practitioner to work at their Minor Injury Unit in Southampton. The overall purpose of the role is to translate the clinical strategies and models of care into the practical delivery of care for patients at the Centre.
It will also involve supporting the Service Manager in the collection, analysis, and the interpretation of data for Key Performance Indicators, Clinical Risk and Audit, related to the Clinical Governance programme.
- provide clinical and professional leadership to all practitioner staff
- work in partnership with other health care professionals
- ensure the clinical team works cohesively and effectively to deliver a high standard of patient care.
You will achieve this by leading by example, facilitating professional and clinical development, ensuring all competency and training requirements of staff are met to ensure the safe and effective delivery of care.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or BA Health Studies or equivalent subject
- Teaching and assessing qualification.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional development (CPD).
- Post registration qualification in autonomous practice or equivalent.
- Experienced at a senior level in an Acute setting
- Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of performance management of clinical staff members.
- Experience of working autonomously.
- Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff.
- Evidence of teaching and assessing others.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
Hours of work will be either 8am - 4pm or 10am - 6pm, Mon-Fri. There will be a requirement to work 1 weekend in every 4 and you will be given the time off the following week within the agreed rota.
Keywords: Minor Injuries, Practice Nurse, A&E Nurse, Registered nurse, medical and nursing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, Accident & Emegency, Southampton, Minor Injuries Lead Nurse,
- £ 45000 - 48000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 7 Sep 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner