Specialist Nurse Advisor - COPD / Asthma
Exeter, Devon, England
My client is looking for experienced Nurses who have significant demonstrable experience (ideally 3.5 years or more) in managing Asthma / COPD / Pulmonary patients. The successful candidate will be working from home (but travelling daily), liaising with the surgeries arranging all-day clinics in their 'local' area at GP surgeries for their patients suffering from the above conditions.
Typically clinics would start about 9am and you would see maybe 11 Asthma suffers or 8 COPD sufferers, or a combination of the two. Clinics are usually arranged every couple of weeks to ensure that everyone in the practice is seen.
The role is very autonomous and will involve lots of travel and some overnight stays (if the clinic is further than 1 ? hours away - although these are probably limited in the year).
* Current NMC PIN
* Significant demonstrable experience in COPD / Asthma
* Ideally Diploma level qualified as a minimum (or working towards) in COPD / Asthma
* Commercial experience is advantageous
* Computer literate
* Experience in the use of GP / hospital computer systems would be advantageous
* Current UK full driving licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
* Comfortable working autonomously.
* Willing to travel long distances at times.
* Open & honest, able to communicate effectively
* Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the business
* Team player and confident in meeting new people
Benefits Package includes:
Car allowance: £450 per month or company car, Bonus: up to 10% of salary, Private Health Insurance, broadband allowance, NMC & RCN fees (claimed back), daily allowance when in clinics, mobile phone, laptop, printer etc.
Keywords: Asthma, COPD, Pulmonary, medical and nursing, Specialist COPD / Asthma Nurse, Exeter, Devon
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Aug 2017
Closes 9 Sep 2017
Ref: OH STR 32228
This job was posted to: Community nurse, Nurse advisor, Practice nurse