Occupational Health Advisor Filton, Bristol
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Occupational Health Advisor
Part Time- 14 - 21 hours per week
Ongoing contract- 12 months
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Nurse in Filton.
Occupational Health Nurse responsibilities-
- Case management ; complete comprehensive functional capability assessments on employees either who are absent from work or referred through by the line manager, giving advice to both the employee and business regarding fitness to work
- Health surveillance : perform the required health surveillance procedures and interpret results in line with department procedure / policy. Advising the employee and business, when appropriate of the outcome of the results.
- Production and maintenance of confidential medical records. Adhering to the standards as defined by the NMC and the internal policies and procedures.
- To participate in development of health promotion programmes designed to inform and educate workers about health issues at work.
- To respond to an injured / unwell employee in line with departmental policies.
- Support the OH management and admin team, contribute in the running of the department, and take an active informed interest in development of policies and procedures.
This is a temporary ongoing contract role for a 12 month period working 14- 21 hours per week over 2- 3 days per week. Working hours are usually 8am- 5pm. Hours/ days can be flexible.
To be considered for this role you will be;
- A Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Occupational Health Nursing.
- Qualification in Occupational Health - Desirable. Consideration will be given to candidates with proven record of OH nursing and sickness absence management.
- Certified HAVS assessor - desirable not essential
- NEBOSH certificate- desirable but not essential
- Industrial Audiometry/Spirometry certificate and other specialist skills- desirable
- Interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
For further information please contact Stacey or Lauren on Applyor email a current CV to
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 14 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational health