Staff Nurse - Neurosurgery (The Wellington Hospital)
London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider' 2016.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Neurosurgery department based at our facility in in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
Our extensive neuroscience facilities and expertise, make the Wellington Hospital the leading centre for patients with neurological conditions including; head injuries, spinal cord injuries, brain tumours, stroke, as well as more minor nerve complaints.
Our state of-the-art 18 bedded acute neurosurgical & neurological unit provides expert care for patients with neurological conditions including head/spinal cord injuries, brain tumours and cranial nerves. As a Staff Nurse you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of critical care nursing.
* This position is full time, permanent working 37.5 hours per week.
* The shifts include long days, either earlie's (8:00 - 20:30) or late's (20:00 - 8:30).
* The basic salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum + 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package.
* Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
* Manage patient caseload effectively, prioritising care effectively.
* Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care.
* Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
* Proven Surgical or Neuro/Spinal experience.
* Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
* Good time management and prioritisation skills.
* Phlebotomy training desirable.
About The Individual
As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your leadership skills in a department that places emphasis on team. In return we are committed to help you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 16th August 2017
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received
- £ 31630 - 35822 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 14 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse