Registered Functional Assessor
Wandsworth, London, Greater London, England
Registered Nurse Functional Assessor
Reports to: Clinical Team Manager
Terms: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 37.5 (Monday- Friday)
Our Client are working in partnership with DWP, the purpose of the post is to conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions(DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer’s day to day life in performing work related activities. These assessments may be recorded.
• To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
• To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
• Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work
• To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback
• To undertake recorded assessments where required
• To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary
• To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner
• Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff
• Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
• Good IT skills
• Must have 2 years post qualifying experience
• Experience in using databases
• Previous NHS experience
• NMC registered
- £ 44500 - 44500 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 17 Jul 2017
Closes 17 Aug 2017
Ref: Dn london
This job was posted to: Community nurse, Nurse assessor, Ward nurse