Swansea, Swansea (Abertawe), Wales
Position – Registered Mental Health Nurse – Adult rehabilitation
Ref - STRMHTS
Location – Swansea
Salary – £25,000 - £28,000
Hours - Full time and Part time
Our client specialises in providing nursing and personal care for individuals with complex mental health problems.
Their focus is on offering individuals the opportunities they need to take small, positive steps towards achieving their goals, reintegrating into the community and safely coping with everyday life in a supportive, positive environment.
Encouraging independence, determination and self-belief is at the heart of everything they do. With these attributes, people are much more likely to recover and have the confidence to attain a more stable, independent future.
The service is located in a quiet part outside of Swansea, in a large detached house. The home is 24 bedded catering for 10 mixed adults.
To support the Deputy Manager Clinical Lead and Deputy Manager Quality and Governance to deliver a high quality person centred recovery approach.
To work as part of the team of a multi-disciplinary team in a hospital setting, ensuring the delivery of holistic, recovery care to all residents, through the supervision of staff at lower grades and in the implementation of the Care Programme Approach. Adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty in order to meet the needs of the service over the twenty-four hour period and working flexibly regarding shift changes according to the needs of the hospital.
Key Role and Responsibilities
• Act as a keyworker, assess, plan, implement and evaluate care planning & risk assessment/risk management safety plans on a monthly basis with residents on admission and at appropriate intervals, providing support to residents with daily living, following support plans and working within the Recovery Model
• Ensure all interventions are documented clearly and comprehensively
• Ensure that the Recovery Star and/or any other models as identified is completed on admission and throughout the recovery process
• Communicate with other members of the multi d team to effectively utilise resources to help meet identified residents needs
• Ensure the correct administering & documentation of medicines in accordance with the organisation policy, legal requirements and NMC standards for medicines management
• Collaborate with other members of the Multi-Disciplinary team in ensuring a safe environment is maintained for residents, visitors and staff
• Contribute to the prevention & management of abusive, aggressive and challenging behaviour in line with least restrictive practice
• Participate in supervision, annual appraisal and competency assessments in order to reflect on and develop own practice
• Maintain PIN via the revalidation process
• To be responsible for upholding resident’s rights under the Mental Health Act 1983 and ensure the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 are known, understood and adhered to, including section 17 leave. Ensuring Mental Health Act paperwork is scrutinised and regularly checked. Provide residents with relevant information and documentation relating to leave entitlements and their rights under the Mental Health Act. Ensure residents are helped to get legal representation where appropriate and/or support from advocacy agencies
• Promote and ensure the good reputation of the hospital. To act as a positive role model, maintaining professionalism and to demonstrate a positive attitude to residents, their families, visitors and others
• Report and document any incident and escalate in line with incident reporting procedure
• Actively participate in reviewing and learning from incidents at the hospital
• Be aware of and work within Safeguarding Adults policies, be able to recognise the signs of abuse and report and document concerns to the deputy managers and/or hospital
- £ 25000 - 28000 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 14 Aug 2017
Ref: Registered Mental Health Nurse - Adult Rehab
This job was posted to: Ward mental nurse, Ward learning disability nurse