Clinical Nurse Manager- ICU
London, Greater London, England
Clinical Nurse Manager- ICU
Salary up to £55,000 per annum plus Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, clinically credible and highly motivated critical care nurse manager to lead our client’s established adult critical care team following the retirement of the current post holder, and develop a new service. The post holder will be responsible for providing professional leadership and have managerial responsibility for the clinical staff and service within the Critical Care Units and, ensuring that patient focused care is delivered to the highest standard.
The post holder will also provide ‘dotted line’ professional leadership to nurses working in our cardiac catheter laboratories and theatres (if the managers of those services are not nurses), and participate in the overall effective running of clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Continuing responsibility on a 24-hour basis for the effective management and progressive development of a high quality, and patient focused critical care service.
• Ensure the service responds to demand and facilitates access to maximize revenue and to achieve the departments and the units business plan
• Liaise with Consultant medical staff and other clinicians in the provision of the service.
• Manage and lead the sisters and other senior clinical team members; offering guidance and support on financial, operational and professional issues, ensuring consistency throughout the unit.
• Provide professional support and leadership to the senior nurses in the cardiac catheter laboratory and theatres when the line manager of those services is not a nurse.
• Manage the departments cost effectively, planning staff deployment, monitoring workload and skill mix, and effective use of non-pay resources.
• Lead on clinical education, ensuring a good educational environment and teaching on a need by need basis through the Clinical Practice Facilitator.
• To actively lead and participate in all aspects of governance, ensuring a high level of unit performance in these areas.
Skills and Experience
• Registered General Nurse - with recognised post graduate qualification in critical care nursing.
• Significant management experience within Critical Care
• Masters in Advanced Nursing (or equivalent education and experience)
• ALS provider
• Private patient experience desirable
• Budget management experience
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website Apply for more details.
- £ 50000 - 60000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 19 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse, Nurse assessor, Theatre nurse