Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
BMI Chiltern is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatres Department of the Chiltern Hospital.
This is a role for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification. (desirable)
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (desirable)
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 30000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse