Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join a fast moving and supportive nursing team. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills, particularly in acute surgical care across a range of surgical specialties. After a successful probationary period successful candidates will have the opportunity to undertake further education and training relevant to their role and will be fully supported by the organisation.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC registration at Level 1 (Adult)
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Post registration experience in acute surgical care
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
* Administration of Intravenous Additives
Duties of this role include:
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their stay
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the ward areas
* To support the Senior Nurse to develop the Corporate Strategy for Ambulatory Care/Day Case Unit
* To engage in the flexible working practices that includes internal rotation to night duty as and when required
* Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
* To periodically deputise for the team leader in his/her absence.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse