Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Saxon Clinic has a vacancy for a Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Nurse (Level 1) or Registered Operating Department Practitioner Valid NMC/HCPC registration
* Operating Theatre Practice.
* ENB 906 or equivalent - Desirable
* Endoscopy training and experience
* Communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Knowledge of professional (NMC/HCPC) codes and Hospital Policies and Procedures
Duties of this role include:
* To participate in the delivery of a consistently high standard of patient care within the endoscopy unit
* Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice.
* To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards of flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care.
* To develop and enhance their own skills and knowledge.
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Act as the patient advocate and respect the patient's privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
* Adhere to departmental communication programme for flexible endoscopes.
* Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 15 - 17 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse