Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RGN or post EN conversion course
* Post registration clinical course (desirable)
* Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
* Aware of NMC code of accountability
* Basic ward management
* Proven experience in an acute hospital
* Evidence of additional training in Oncology / Palliative care field
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
* To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
* To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
* To take charge of the ward in absence of Sister and Senior Staff Nurse
* To provide support and guidance for junior staff members
* To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
* To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
* To ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
* To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
* To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 20000 - 25000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse