Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
Leading their business area ensuring, through their team, that their home achieves the highest possible standards of care and service by implementing and monitoring compliance of all Four Seasons Health Care policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
1. Ensure your team has a passion for quality service delivery by promoting and driving forward the company's quality agenda within the home; setting clear benchmarks and encouraging knowledge sharing and best practice within the team.
2. Maintain an open, honest and transparent reputation by ensuring timely and robust investigations and responses to complaints/safeguarding issues, communicating issues to Regional Manager.
3. Achieve the highest standards of person centred care; continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life and ensuring effective management of care documentation/risk assessments.
4. Take on accountability for the home - utilising audit tools and ensuring compliance with all company policies, legislative and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best recognition of quality.
5. Ensure the safe management of medications in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
Health and Safety
1. Reduce risk of Health and safety incidents by completing tailored risk assessments with each department and evaluating findings in line with company policy.
2. Demonstrate compliance with legislation and ensure the environment is safe and risk free by monitoring the maintenance of the home; ensuring all checks are carried out and documentation is complete. (E.g. Fire, water temperature etc.)
3. Ensure compliance with Environmental Health Officer requirements by Monitoring Hygiene/Health and safety standards within the kitchen and take corrective action if necessary.
1. Establish a sound reputation within the local community and ensure you are the local "home of choice"
2. Work to continually develop the quality of the service provided, using internal or external behaviours and standards (e.g. PEARL).
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
This role is at Level 2 within the competency framework.
Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of the care industry and regulatory frameworkx 1,2,3
The ability to develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalismx 1,2,3
Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the rolex 1,3
Able to analyse problems and propose solutionsx 3
Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of othersx 2,3
Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their teamx 1,2
Experience of delivering nursing carex 1,2
Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector x
People Management experience x
Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care servicesx
Qualifications & AccreditationsEssentialDesirableAssessment
NMC Registered Nursex 4
Work related circumstances:
The role requires a flexible approach as hours will vary to reflect the work patterns and needs of the business.
- £ 16.00 - 16.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse
Recommended, similar jobs
Hereford, County of Herefordshire, England