Sidcup, Greater London, England
£32,323 - £39,049 - Based on a 42 hour contract
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications and capabilities
Equivalent to NHS Band 6
The Sidcup Nursing and Residential Centre
About the role
* Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
* You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
* Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
* It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
Who we're looking for
* A level one Registered Nurse or an experienced NVQ level 3 qualified Care Assistant
* You will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
* You'll have dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
* An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families
What's in it for you?
* Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Child care voucher scheme
* Free uniform
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects.
About the home
Built on the site of a former convent, our care home is situated among Bexley's parks and open spaces. It is also located conveniently close to the local high street. Being purpose-built, our home is designed specifically to meet all our residents' needs.
Our expert team of assistants and registered nurses are proud of level of care provided at The Sidcup. We take time to get to know each resident, creating a care plan to tailor our support to suit each person.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 32323 - 39049 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 19 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse