Deputy Manager - Learning Disability
Dundee, Dundee City, Scotland
Role - Deputy Manager - Learning Disability - Dundee
Reference - STDGDMD
Location - Dundee
Salary - £30,000 - £32,000
Hours - Full time - permanent
My client is located in Dundee and is an independent hospital which provides assessment and intervention for men and women who have a learning disability and complex needs including people who have mental health problems and behaviours that challenge services.
As a Deputy Manager you will be a key player in the multidisciplinary team with an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people with brain injury, their families and carers.
You will be responsible for and lead on the following:
* Medication Management
* Staff Development
* Clinical Supervision
* Appraisal and Performance Management
* Managing Positive Behaviour and Culture (ABC) within the service Coordinate for individual service users through MDT and CPA processes
* Contribute to the admissions and discharge planning processes
* External and internal communications
1. As directed by the clinical nurse manager, contribute to the effective and efficient day to day leadership and management of the service.
2. Contribute to the achievement of the Company aims, objectives and initiatives in a positive and cohesive manner.
3. Uphold and encourage in others the required regulatory and professional standard, as specified.
4. Act in a manner commensurate with expected professional conduct, legislation and codes of practice.
5. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures relating to the service.
6. Ensure, through direct observation and supervision of others, full compliance with relevant regulatory and professional standards.
7. Contribute to the achievement of positive outcomes, in a timely manner, in response to any requirements generated by regulatory bodies or internal quality assurance processes.
8. Contribute to the delivery of a high quality service, and promoting a positive culture.
9. Practice in accordance with the evidence base and reflect standards of best practice.
10. Promote a culture of change, and innovation, with the aim of improving the quality of care.
11. Participating in:
a. Communications, including dissemination of corporate communications, staff meetings etc.
b. Clinical Supervision, Appraisal and Performance Management
d. Staff development (including Continuing Professional Development)
e. Managing Positive Behavior and Culture (ABC) within the service
f. Administration, information and reports relating to the service are provided to relevant parties in an accurate and timely fashion.
g. Medication management
h. Safe working systems
i. As a named nurse coordinate, for individual service users, the MDT/CPA processes
My clients provides full training and clear pathways to progress, Training includes: Leading & Managing in the Workplace, Maybo, Clinical Supervision, Ulyssyes Training, Root Cause Analysis, to name a few.
* Staff meals
* 25 days of annual leave + 8 bank holidays
* 1% match pension contribution
* Death in service one time annual salary
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453.
- £ 30000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 16 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Ward learning disability nurse