London, Greater London, England
BMI London Independent Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Nurse - Part 1
* Post-registration clinical course / qualification desirable
* Up to date knowledge in acute medicine/surgery
* Aware of NMC code
* Basic workload / shift management
* Excellent communication skills
* Basic IT skills
* Some experience in an acute hospital setting
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To assist Senior Staff in their management of clinical departments and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
* To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients without direct supervision.
* To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
* To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
* To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Student Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
* To bring to the attention of the department manager / senior member of nursing staff within the hospital, any factors that inhibit the delivery of high quality, safe, effective care or any instances or evidence of poor quality clinical care.
* To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and participation in the Clinical Governance agenda.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 28000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 16 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse