Coventry, West Midlands, England
BMI Meriden Hospital in Coventry is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover earlies, mids, lates and occasional nights.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
* Current NMC registration
* Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Knowledge of current issues relating to nursing and health sectors
* Strong organisational and planning skills
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
Duties of this role include :
* To provide a high standard of patient care under the direction of the Ward/Department Sister/Charge Nurse and to supervise junior members of staff
* To be accountable for co-ordinating patient care and the management of delegated areas
* Participates in all aspects of Surgical practice including the pre- operative and postoperative care of patients
* To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and other professional bodies e.g. Care Quality Commission
* Assist in the delivery of patient care and ensure that treatments prescribed by the medical staff are carried out, and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient's condition
* Complete paperwork appropriate to night shift i.e. pack preparation and labour management tool
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Record observations accurately in accordance with the patients' condition, interpret and inform the nurse in charge and MDT of changes in patient's status data and respond as directed
* To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area or specialty
* Complete patient documentation correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner
* Develop communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events. This includes expanded role responsibilities, following appropriate training
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 May 2017
Closes 16 Jun 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse