Sister/Charge Nurse - Fertility (IVF)
City of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Fertility Clinic, based at The Lister Hospital, is widely recognised as one of the leading fertility centres in the UK. Since opening in 1988, it has maintained its reputation as being one of the most successful IVF clinics in the country.
Under the leadership of our clinical director, Mr Hossam Abdalla, FROG, who is at the forefront of new developments in the field of infertility, we pride ourselves on consistently high success rates whilst still being able to assist couples whose fertility treatment has been unsuccessful elsewhere or who may been declined treatment elsewhere.
Drawing upon our experience of treating over 2,000 couples per year, together with the invaluable support provided by our satellite fertility clinics, our experienced team of doctors, nurses, embryologists and counsellors are committed to providing you with a holistic and considered approach to investigating and treating a wide spectrum of fertility problems.
As the Sister you will be responsible smooth running of the ovum donation programme and supervise junior nursing staff. Assisting couples undergoing fertility treatments, you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring patient treatment cycles, whilst maintain effective communication channels between patients, staff and overseas satellite services.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 33 days annual leave (inclusive) and a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all activities within the ovum donation programme
- Ensuring all operative procedures are booked with Reservations department and ensuring anaesthetic cover is available
- Responsible for matching of Egg Sharer's, Donors and Recipients.
- Responsible for recruitment of donors, co-ordinate their cycles and endorse our appreciation of their donation
- Complete charge sheet for patient treatment and inform patients of process regarding payment of account.
- Organise and ensure the smooth running of Vaginal Egg Collection and gynaecology operating lists
- Resolve complaints where possible and/or escalate to the LFC Manager if necessary.
- Regularly deputise for the Nurse Manager, providing the management and leadership in her absence.
Skills & Experience
A registered Nurse with significant experience within an IVF setting, you will also have experience of egg donation. You will also have completed ENB998 and have experience of being in charge.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!
- £ 39174 - 45419 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse