Director of Nursing for Dublin Hospital
Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with our esteemed client, one of the largest providers of women and infant health care in the Republic of Ireland, are seeking to recruit an experienced Director of Nursing (DON), for their hospital based in Dublin.
This renowned university hospital has a long tradition of clinical and academic excellence. It has proven itself to be the first choice for women requiring maternity, neonatal and gynaecology care and is a leading European medical academic campus for women and infants' healthcare research.
The successful candidate will be a credible leader with a proven track record of change management and will influence the midwifery and nursing agenda both within and outside of the organisation and nationally. S/he will be a member of the hospital Senior Management Team, and will work closely with the Hospital Management Executive & Hospital Board in the execution of the Hospital and national strategies and priorities.
Each candidate must:
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration, in the Midwives Division of the Register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland; and
- Have10 years post registration midwifery experience and 5 years recent midwifery management experience at CMM 3 grade or above; and
- Possess a post graduate qualification at not less than level 8 (QQI) in health care or management related area.
- Have experience of senior management within a complex healthcare environment.
- Experience of managing resources within agreed budgets.
- Proven track record of achievement in a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of national issues relating to Midwifery & Nursing practice.
- Experience of change management and possess excellent change management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Be resourceful and resilient
- have extensive knowledge of and familiarity with the Health Act and relevant National Standards and Regulations
- have excellent organisational skills
- have experience in managing staff
- have experience in mentoring staff
- be a complete finisher
- have excellent project management skills
- have excellent report writing skills
- have strong influencing skills
- Industrial relations experience
- have excellent interpersonal, management and communication and problem solving skills
- be innovative and have a career record that demonstrates a high level of competence in the leadership, management and motivation of staff, a customer orientation, conceptual and analytical thinking, initiative and the management skills necessary to lead and foster change
- have a working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Interested Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Children’s Social Worker – Assessment
• Children’s Social Worker – Safeguarding
• Children’s Social Worker – Children Looked After
• Adoption Team Social Worker
• Social Worker – Leaving Care
• Senior Assessing Social Worker – Family Assessment & Support
• EDT Social Worker
• Children’s Social Worker – Children with disabilities’
• Adult Mental Health Social Worker
Relocation package available. Further details upon application, please email Apply for more information
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 13 Aug 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse