Crewe, Cheshire, England
BMI South Cheshire Hospital in Crewe is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RN / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies or equivalent
* Post registration clinical course if appropriate
* Up- to-date knowledge and ability to work within local & national guidelines i.e. SIGN and QIS guidelines and NMC code of practice
* Aware of NMC Code of Accountability.
* Basic ward management.
* Demonstrate competence in an acute hospital setting.
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with the agreed operational polices as a skilled member of the ward and outpatient nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients.
* To take charge of the ward as and when required.
* To provide support and guidance for junior members of the staff.
* To ensure that the ward operational polices are maintained and complied with, to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
* To participate in a program of Quality Assurance as directed by senior staff.
* To assist in the setting and maintaining of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 28000 - 28000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse