London, Greater London, England
About The Facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The Orthopaedics services at Princess Grace provide a multidisciplinary approach and offer surgical interventions such as arthroscopies, joint replacements, ligament reconstructions and specialised repair to nerves to improve movement and decrease pain and deformity.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme.
As a Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedics unit you will have the opportunity to develop your existing experience while also having the opportunity to deal with a variety of different cases not usually seen on an Orthopaedic ward. As a Staff Nurse within the Orthopaedics department you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff.
Salary: £31,630 and £35,822 (dependent on experience) plus a 9% shift enhancement.
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hrs per week
closing date for applications: 19th March 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an Orthopaedic or surgical environment
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant NMC guidelines, policies and procedures
About The Individual
With excellent communication skills you will be flexible and able to respond to the needs of the department. A good team player, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- £ 31630 - 35822 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse