Registered Nurse - Yacht Stewardess
£35,000 + pension, paid holiday, free accommodation and food
Overseas - Europe
Do you want to travel on a yacht in style, earn a great salary whilst continuing to nurse?
Yes? Pulse is delighted to offer you this unique and exclusive opportunity to you.
Pulse is recruiting for a registered nurse/stewardess to work on board a privately owned 53 metre luxury yacht, moored in the South of France. You will also be required to travel at times when the owners choose to reside at one of their residential properties, located in France, Switzerland and the U.K.
The role of the registered nurse will be to act as the first responder, assessing and treating minor and major injuries and/or illnesses, and refer patients to medical facilities if required. In addition, the nurse will be solely responsible for the medical kit and pharmacy supplies whilst on board and when in attendance at the family's properties. Walk in assessments may also be required in order to meet the basic medical and healthcare needs of family members and guests, as well as the 11 crew members on the yacht.
The nursing aspect of the role takes priority, but when this is not required the successful candidate will be undertaking stewardess duties with the rest of the crew.
Requirements of the post:
- Previous experience as a qualified nurse. The candidate must be NMC registered
- No experience in cruise ship nursing is required, full training will be provided for the successful candidate
- Acute hospital setting experience; examples would include accident & emergency, acute medical and/or surgical, intensive care or HDU. We would also be interested to hear from those that work in primary care (practice nursing or community) and also have previous acute experience
- A valid UK or European passport entitling you to work in France without restrictions
- Female - due to cabin sharing requirements
Benefits of the post:
- Free accommodation
- All food provided
- Five weeks paid holiday per year, plus time in lieu for any worked bank holidays
- Paid return flights home
- Full training provided
It would be desirable that in addition to meeting the above criteria that are also a Tagalog speaker, however this is not essential.
If you would like to discuss the truly unique opportunity further then please do contact our team today.
- £ 35000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: A&E nurse, Ward nurse