Senior Theatre Practitioner
Beckenham, Greater London, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Sloane Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is full-time for 37.5 hours per week shifts vary between ApplyMon - Sat
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* Mentorship course Qualifications
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Duties of this role include:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient's identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
* Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Proactively monitor the patient's level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK's largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.
- £ 28000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse