Clinical Services Manager - Wards
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
* Experienced in acute nursing care
* Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies
* Recent experience of managing teams
* Awareness of NMC Code of Conduct
* Knowledge of HR management and People Management Skills
* Recruitment and selection skills
Duties of this role include:
* The Clinical Services Manager will be a Registered nurse who will carry continuing responsibility for leading the nursing teams and for the delivery of high standards of nursing and clinical care to patients.
* They will be responsible for managing human resources, workforce planning and experience of managing budget with the support of finance.
* They will advise and support staff, demonstrate a high level of competence, and be expected to broaden their remit, in line with current evidence base, knowledge and training.
* They will make decisions based upon knowledge and experience in respect of patient care, and be accountable for those decisions.
* They will ensure all staff managed, receive adequate supervision and training to enable them to become competent within the clinical area.
* They will work closely with other disciplines; take part in the bleep-holder/on call rota. The post-holder may be required to rotate to other areas as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 35000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse