Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Harrow, Greater London, England
BMI Clementine Churchill is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatres department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift Apply, late, long days to cover Monday to Friday plus 1 weekend in 3.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* NMC/HPC Registered
* Scrub experience at band 5 or equivalent
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
* Current and up to date specific to theatre practice
* Clinical Governance
* Health and Safety
* Infection Control
* Good communication skills both verbal and written
* Good interpersonal skills
* Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Duties of this role include:
* To have shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of the care of peri-operative patients whilst in the theatre department.
* To ensure that high standards of patient care and safety are consistently maintained at all timesTo consistently work in accordance with policies and procedures
* To undertake scrub and circulating duties in a variety of surgical specialties
* Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
* To maintain safe custody, administration and documentation of drugs
* To take part in the 'on call' rota as required
* To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
* To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
* To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
* To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely mannerTake part in department audits
* Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 29000 - 33500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse