Senior Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment
Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is part of BMI Healthcare , Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a Part time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered General Nurse
* Post registration surgical experience
* Good all-round knowledge of surgical patients from different specialities
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Good telephone manner
* Good theoretical knowledge
Duties of this role include:
* To work within a team of staff, working towards optimisation of patient's health prior to their admission to hospital for surgery through pre-assessment of elective cases.
* To demonstrate a consistently high standard of care in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
* To develop your knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical areas.
* To work within the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of The Runnymede Hospital.
* To work within the NMC guidelines, including the NMC Code and the Scope of Professional Practice.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 16 Feb 2017
Closes 16 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner