Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
BMI Manor Hospital in Bedford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered General Nurse 1st level
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with Consultants, customers and colleagues
* Awareness of NMC code of conduct and accountability
* Nurse 1st level
* Surgical experience in a hospital setting
* Flexible to work varied shifts
Duties of this role include:
* To provide individualised patient care, which is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated from admission to discharge
* To continually strive to develop professionally; increasing knowledge, experience and skills and to develop excellent standards of care, supported by research findings.
* Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to NMC standards for records and record keeping.
* Participate in the implementation and evaluation of standards of care
* Report to Sister in charge or Duty Manager any accidents/incidents verbally and in writing in accordance with hospital policy.
* Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures, attending teaching sessions as scheduled
* Maintain knowledge of Health and safety at work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
* Maintain knowledge of Data protection Act in terms of patients records
* Ensure patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
* Promote a professional, competent, approachable image, treating patients, colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity.
* Adhere to the NMC Code of Professional conduct.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 15000 - 20000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Feb 2017
Closes 15 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Ward nurse